Just-In-Time Teaching & Learning
Summer Institute 2019 will be hosted on August 19, 20, 22, 23 and September 4, 5.
We invite proposals that will support new instructors and teaching assistants in preparing for and teaching their upcoming classes. The Summer Institute is a great opportunity to connect with new colleagues, share your experiences in navigating teaching and learning at UBC, and to build our collective capacity to enhance student learning and experiences.
Proposal stream details are still under development and will be coming soon!
- Primary Contact Information (Name, Department, Role, Email Address)
- Name and Role of Co-facilitators
- Session Title and Description
- Connection to Educational Research and Pedagogical Knowledge
- Session Format Selection
- Audiovisual Requirements
- Interactive Workshop (120 minutes) — equips Institute attendees with foundational, pedagogically sound, and practical techniques to integrate into their developing teaching practices in support of student learning and experiences.
- Panel Presentation & Discussion (90 minutes) — provides a forum of public exchange of ideas, giving experts and Institute attendees the chance to discuss a particular teaching and learning topic collaboratively.
- Round Table Symposium Discussion (90 minutes) — three short discussions on related topics (20 minutes) requiring moderators to set the context and provide ideas/information to shape and enrich the dialogue, followed by a facilitated discussion at the end.
Please submit your proposal by noon on Friday, June 14, 2019.
We will be hosting a Facilitation Development Workshop on Thursday, July 25 from 1-2:30 p.m. for Institute Facilitators who wish to build their facilitation skills and to connect with their fellow facilitators.