Reflect, Reinvigorate & Renew
The 2018 Winter Institute (Dec. 4-6) is an opportunity to network with colleagues and to explore how to better focus on our own professional development and growth in supporting student success, including academic, social, emotional and physical domains of their development. We invite your contributions to enhance our collective capacities to become responsive practitioners in teaching and learning.
We invite proposals that deepen our reflective practice in teaching and learning and rejuvenate our creativity in designing our teaching and learning environment.
- Primary Contact information (Name, Department, Role, Email Address)
- Name and Role of Co-facilitators
- Session Title & Description
- Connection to Educational Research and Pedagogical Knowledge
- Session Format Selection
- Audiovisual Requirements
- Interactive Workshop — provide Institute attendees the chance to explore a topic in depth with their peers.
- Panel Presentation & Discussion — provides a forum of public exchange of ideas, giving experts and Institute attendees the chance to discuss a particular topic collaboratively.
- Round Table Symposium Discussion — three short discussions on related topics (20 minutes) requiring moderators to set the context and provide ideas/information to shape and enrich the dialogue, followed by a facilitated discussion at the end.
Please submit your proposal by Friday, Sept. 21, 2018 at 3 p.m.
We will host a Facilitation Development Workshop – Listen, Engage, and Include: The Art of Small Facilitation – on November 29, 2018 for Institute Facilitators who wish to build their facilitation skills and to connect with their fellow facilitators!