EMBRACING CREATIVITY & RISK TAKING IN THE NEW NORMAL
“In a world characterized by complex societal challenges and heightened public expectations, broad-based innovation is imperative.” – UBC Strategic Plan, Shaping UBC’s Next Century (p. 32)
The 2023 Spring Institute will be hosted from May 29–June 1.
We invite proposals that demonstrate purposeful innovation in teaching practices, educational research, student services, and learning technology to support student success and experiences. The Spring Institute serves as a forum for members of the teaching and learning community to collaborate, network and engage in knowledge exchange.
For more information, support, or to book a consultation email Ainsley Camps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be hosting a Facilitation Development Workshop on Thursday, April 20 from 9:30–11:30 am for Institute Facilitators who wish to build their facilitation skills and to connect with their fellow Institute presenters. If you are not able to attend the workshop, please feel free to consult our resources page for facilitators.
- Name, role and email addresses of co-facilitators
- Primary contact information (name, department, role, email address, twitter handle)
- Session title, description and connection to educational research and pedagogical knowledge
- Minimum number of participants needed to hold the session
- Recording and sharing learning material permissions (see CTLT’s Open Access Statement). We’ll walk you through the process
- Interactive Workshop (60-90 minutes) — offer Institute attendees the opportunity to explore a topic in depth with their peers and to translate their learning into their respective teaching contexts.
- Panel Presentation and Discussion (60-90 minutes) — provides a forum of public exchange of ideas, giving experts and Institute attendees the opportunity to discuss a particular topic collaboratively.
The following selection criteria will be used internally by the review committee for discussions and for providing feedback to the proposal author(s):
- The description clearly defines the session’s learning outcomes.
- The description outlines a session group activity and appears interactive and engaging.
- The session addresses a relevant issue in teaching and learning that are aligned with the core areas of UBC Strategic Plan, Shaping UBC’s Next Century.
- The session topic will be of interest to Institute attendees from a variety of perspectives (e.g., disciplinary backgrounds, roles, class sizes, academic levels, etc.)
Reviewers will provide specific feedback and suggestions to improve your proposed session.
Please submit your proposal by noon on Friday, March 17, 2023 using the proposal submission form.
Please note that we may not be able to accommodate all submissions. We may ask to defer your proposals to the CTLT Summer and/or Winter Institutes.