Sustainable, Inclusive & Thriving Communities
“We define sustainability as simultaneous improvements in human and environmental wellbeing.” – UBC Strategic Plan, Shaping UBC’s Next Century (p. 39)
The 2022 CTLT Winter Institute will be hosted online and in-person from December 12-15.
We invite proposals that highlight efforts in cultivating a diverse community that sustains connected, equitable, and inclusive communities of learning. The Winter Institute serves as a platform for members of the teaching and learning community to create and optimize learning environments for all – faculty, staff, and students alike!
- Primary contact information (name, department, role, email address)
- Name and role of co-facilitators
- Session title and description
- Connection to educational research and pedagogical knowledge
- Session format selection
- Audiovisual requirements
- Interactive Workshop (60 minutes) — offers Institute attendees the chance to consider their impact on student learning, to reflect on their teaching practices, and to explore new ways to create sustainable, inclusive, and thriving learning communities.
- Interactive Workshop (90 minutes) — offers Institute attendees the chance to consider their impact on student learning, to reflect on their teaching practices, and to explore new ways to create sustainable, inclusive, and thriving learning communities in a slightly longer time slot.
- Panel Discussion (60 or 90 minutes) — provides a forum of public exchange of ideas, giving experts and Institute attendees the chance to discuss a particular teaching and learning topic collaboratively.
- Presentation (30 or 60 minutes) — on a UBC Student Support Service (ONLINE ONLY)
Please submit your proposal by end of day on Friday, September 30, 2022.
We will host a Facilitator’s Development Workshop on November 3, 2022 for Institute Facilitators who wish to build their facilitation skills and to connect with their fellow facilitators.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to reach out to Institute Coordinator Ainsley Camps, at email@example.com